Pass for foreign trucks on Moscow Ring Road
Registration of a pass to Moscow for foreign cars
- One-time pass is valid for 5 days allows you to perform a single-time entry and exit to Moscow. The registration period is 8 working hours.
Regular pass-issued for a period of validity up to 1 year. Allows you not to have a new pass every time. The registration period is 14 working days.
All passes are issued through a Russian representative in electronic form. Pass action is tracked in the «Moscow Pass Register«. When issuing a pass by our representative, he clearly explains how to check the validity of the pass for a foreign car.
All passes (one-time and regular) in Moscow are divided by the validity period. This should be taken into account when making it.
- Day pass is valid from 07: 00 to 23: 00. It is issued on the MKAD for transport from 3.5 tons and in the TTK and SK zones for cars with a load capacity of 1 ton.
- Night pass is valid from 23: 00 to 07: 00. It is issued for cargo transport weighing from 12 tons to any restricted area.
For round-the-clock travel, two passes are issued, both day and night.
For example, if a foreign carrier has issued a one-time day pass, then he will not be able to leave Moscow after 23:00 until 7:00, and the same with a night pass. This should be taken into account when ordering a pass and making it. But, you can issue two passes-day and night. Then you can stop by for unloading during the day, and leave Moscow at night.
It is advisable to issue two one-time passes if you do not plan a second visit Moscow within 30 calendar days, because you can only issue two passes in this period of time.
When making a regular pass, it is necessary to take into account both the time at which the consignee is ready to accept the car and the possibility of settling on the territory of the consignee ,if the unloading/loading was delayed and the time of the pass is not valid.
Restricted areas of MOSCOW:
When ordering a pass, foreign carriers have to clearly understand which zone of Moscow they need to issue a pass to. it is better to ask your customer not only the exact address, but also the ways of access to it. For example, some international carriers, looking at the address, determine it as being located in the MKAD zone, and in fact the entrance to it is through the TTK zone.
- MKAD — its border directly from the MKAD to the outside of the TTK. For the MKAD zone, you need to get an electronic pass of the MKAD series. On the MKAD, daily passes are issued for trucks weighing from 3.5 tons.
- TTK-you need to issue a TTK pass to the TTK zone. If you own a TTK pass, the car can enter the MKAD, drive along the Third Transport Ring and go to the outside of the Garden Ring. A TTK pass should be issued for a car with a load capacity of 1 ton or more.
- SK-the SK cargo pass allows you to pass from the MKAD throughout the entire territory of Moscow. It is issued for vehicles with a load capacity of 1 ton or more.
When traveling through Moscow with a pass, you need to take into account:
«Cargo frame» for cars from 2.5 tons. It is highlighted with the corresponding signs where you can go and where you can not.
There are restrictions on tonnage and dimensions. For example, trucks and heavy trucks are not allowed into the Lefortovsky tunnel.
Signs of restriction should also not be violated because the pass allows entry into the zone, but does not cancel the actions of traffic regulations.
Documents for a foreign car
- STS for the car — both sides;
- CMR — when issuing a one-time pass;
- the address where the truck is going in Moscow and its intersection with the MKAD at the entrance to Moscow and exit.
Fines for driving without a pass
The fine for driving without a pass is 5000 rubles.
However, there is a feature of charging these fines.
A fine of 5000 rubles for a single case of driving a group of forbidding signs. However, each group has an action beginning and an end. Accordingly, there may be several such forbidding signs on the route and there will be multiple violations.
How are fines fixed?
Automatic cameras. The camera reads the number of the truck and compares it with the register of issued passes.
The traffic police squad can check the pass and issue a fine.